When hiring an HVAC technician to service your heating system, you should be confident that he or she is a qualified professional. A furnace is an expensive investment in your home, so when it needs to be serviced or repaired, it’s best to hire a technician who is properly trained and certified. Here are 5 questions to ask before hiring an HVAC technician:
- Is the company insured, bonded, and licensed? By ensuring that your HVAC technician is insured, bonded, and licensed, you’re investing in someone who is experienced and well-trained, and you are mitigating your risk if anything goes wrong.
- Does the company subcontract any work out to third parties? Sometimes, a company may subcontract a job out to workers who aren’t themselves licensed. By knowing who exactly will be performing the work in your home, you can have peace of mind knowing the job will be completed correctly and safely.
- Does the technician have experience working on your specific type of HVAC unit? Ideally, you would like to hire someone who knows the system well, so that they can quickly and correctly identify and resolve any problems.
- Does the company offer free estimates for repairs and replacement parts? Knowing what costs you may be facing allows you to properly weigh your options. Remember to factor in warranties when looking at the bottom line.
- Does the company offer a maintenance program? Making sure your HVAC unit is serviced regularly is a smart investment that will save you time, money, and future headaches. A service contract involving regular system maintenance will give you that peace of mind.
With the answers to these questions, you can be confident that you’ll hire an experienced and qualified technician who will keep your furnace running properly for years to come. For more information, please contact:
Golden Seal Service Experts
1730 Wallace Avenue, Unit B
St. Charles, IL 60174